I love pinwheels! My toddler doesn’t mind them either, so they are a great choice for lunch or a quick teatime meal.
It is also a meal your toddlers can get involved with making!
Get yourself some frozen puff pastry, you normally get two in a pack and they defrost within a couple of hours, then you always have a sheet in the freezer as a back up.
- lay out the pastry and make some tasty sauce, you can use passata and I like to add some oregano and pepper, but you can add any flavours your kid likes.
- Spread it across the pastry and then layer with cheese, I like to use red cheese to add some colour.
- Pick your next ingredient, it could be strips of ham, pineapple, chicken… just lay it out, with the strips you are going to cut in mind.
- Then add some more cheese on top, and you are ready to slice it up!
- The fun bit – let them help you roll them up!
- Lay them out on some baking paper and pop them in the oven for 15 or so mins!
- Get ready to eat them! Lovely with some salad.