So at the moment our days normally begin with…
“Hallie what noise does cow make”
“Hallie what noise does a lion make?”
“Hallie what noise does a horse make?”
“Okay Google, what noise does a horse make”
Hallie laughs cutely for 5 solid minutes.
So that’s the educational stuff, you can ask it any question and get your answers.
Here’s five ways it makes the parenting day run smoother
- “OK Google, play When I get up in the morning, Piccolo Music.” – this cheers Hallie up and keeps her entertained while I make her breakfast
- “OK Google, set a timer for 10 minutes” – so I don’t burn the breakfast
- “OK Google what is in my calendar for today” – so I don’t miss Music Bugs
- “Hey Google, whats the recipe for bolognese” – so I produce something edible
- “Hey Google, play Peppa Pig videos on Living Room TV” – to buy me some time to cook!
Basically Google Home is my new best friend on those solo parenting days where I need ten pairs of hands!
Thank you, Google.