I have recently returned from a very lovely but extremely hot holiday and my hair feels frazzled and a bit broken again. Now don’t get me wrong it’s nowhere near as bad as my postpartum hair, but it’s going to need a bit of nursing.
This got me thinking back to just after I had Hallie, my hair was suffering big time. It started to break around the front, the sides and the back – nightmare. I am also a bleach blonde so it doesn’t help the condition of my hair. In the end decided to go for the chop, to give it a chance to grow back in a better condition. That and the steps below saved my hair!
- Give it a good cut, in the long run you will be so glad you did
- If you have your hair bleached ask your colourist to use L’Oréal Smartbond when doing it, my hair has never grown so much since!
- Treat yourself to some good hair products, my faves are; L’Oréal repair shampoo and conditioner from the salon, Dr Paw Paw conditioner spray to be used before you brush it through, Smartbond conditioner (use a couple of times a week)
- Try and not wash your hair as often
- Try not to straighten your hair as often or tie you hair back tightly
- Don’t give up the hair care routine!