It is nearly the Bank Holiday YAY! Hang on, where can we go with our kids?
We have decided to head to Harrogate and here is why…
Where do we stay? We like the Hotel Du Vin
- It has great size rooms with baths for the little ones
- They provide lovely travel cots
- They have lots of different spaces you can sit and have a drink, if you want to be away from others.
- They have great deals on Hotels.com
- There is a SPA! Surely you can squeeze in one treatment?
Where do we eat? There are so many places to eat in Harrogate, and lots of them are child friendly.
- Vivido (Italian), great prices, nice food and very child friendly. The waitresses even walked my toddler up and down while we ate.
- Bettys is a must! Their afternoon tea is lovely (especially if you get the fizz), the kids menu is also delicious and has a kid friendly atmosphere with crayons and colouring books etc. The winner for me is the toilets – they have a playpen! So you can quickly pop for a wee, or sort the nappy etc out without trying to balance them on the changing table! Winner.
- Also there are the usual quick eats such as Wagamama, Nando’s, Pizza Express, Jamie’s Italian etc.
What do we do? There are lots of things to do in Harrogate and the surrounding areas
- Mother Shipton’s Cave – I haven’t been here but we are going this weekend, my partner went as a child and said it was fun! So I shall let you know.
- Spirit of Harrogate – if you get some childfree time do some gin tasting here
- The Royal Pump Rooms – Might be a bit smelly but it won’t take too long and worth a look.
- There are lots of places near by, climbing walls, swimming baths, tree climbing, castles and not too far is York Maze. Make sure you head to tourist information near the Royal Pump Rooms for more ideas!
Harrogate is such a beautiful and historical place. It never seems too busy (apart from Bettys sometimes 🙂 ) and is a lovely place for a family to visit.