We have beaten the January blues by booking our SUMMER HOLIDAY! We have kept it simple and booked somewhere we know we love, the Princess Andriana in Rhodes. We took Hallie there when she was just 4 months old, (yes we know it is not going to be quite as easy this time round), but we are way too excited to be going back to this dreamy place.
I have such a love for Rhodes, ever since I spent a summer there many years ago. Matt and I had our first holiday there, so we have spent time there as a couple and as a family – it is perfect for both.
When you are out and about in Rhodes, people cannot do enough for you. We went to a family owned restaurant in Lindos and Hallie needed changing, urgently (no need for me to elaborate further on that), the waiter picked up on this and found a table, pulled it into the back and placed cushions on it for me to change her, he also helped make sure she was safe whilst I did so – I mean how amazing is that? The owner then popped out to get Hallie a toy to play with, and this wasn’t a one off, she got gifts in nearly all the restaurants we went to! To say its family friendly is an understatement.
Q. What do we want when we go on holiday with our kids?
Great kids club so we can get boozy! Well yes it might be nice to have a glass of wine whilst chillaxing, but thats what I am taking my sister for. So my main list is…
- Clean & spacious rooms
- Somewhere that is nicer or equal to my house
- Reasonable flight time
- Not too pricey & worth the money
- Good food with plenty of variety
- A beach within close proximity
- A sheltered kids pool
- A shop for when I forget to pack the nappies
Oh and lots of sun loungers…
So you can imagine our delight when we found Princess Andriana, as it is all those things and more! We have been twice, around the end of May/beginning of June, when is hot but not too hot for Hallie. We stayed at a different hotel last year, and it was nice, but the Princess Andriana really is another level. It has…
- All inclusive food & drink (and some minibar items!)
- A Spa (lush)
- A pool bar AND a beach bar AND an all day food bar with unlimited ice cream (yum)
- Evening entertainment in the hotel bar AND family friendly entertainment on the other side of the hotel in the amphitheatre (no need to hear it or go there unless you want to)
- Large pool and sheltered kids pool
- A shop
- Table tennis, tennis, mini golf, water polo, aerobics, archery etc…
- A lovely main restaurant and a moonlight top floor restaurant that you can eat at for free once a week
- Friendly staff
- Clean, clean, clean! (spotless)
- Nice places to eat near by but also a quiet atmosphere
- A fountain show every evening
- A kids club and a play park
This list could go on, it is family friendly whilst still feeling like a relaxing holiday environment, as there is plenty of space and the kids stuff is away from the pool area.
Booking works out cheaper if you book the hotel direct, they give you a discount and some extras thrown in usually. We booked flights directly with the airline also, with flight times to suit us. I find the price very reasonable for the five star environment you get. You won’t want to leave so go for at least 10 days (like we are this time)!
Oh and we have had the ‘shared pool’ option before with the swim up pool, it was fantastic! However the main pool area is also amazing and has the kids pool so the ‘pool view’ rooms are also just as good and cheaper.
If you want to know more feel free to ask 🙂