Todays blog post is short and sweet, as I am travelling down to Peterborough for a few days to deliver some G Suite training. The usual mixed feelings are going on, on the plus side I get uninterrupted sleep, on the down side I don’t see my little Hal’s. However it makes coming home all the sweeter, and it’s my birthday this week, so lots to look forward to.
There are literally hundreds of things I have realised since becoming a parent, from – just because a baby has pooped 10 times that day, doesn’t mean there isn’t anything left to poop – there always is, to – 7am is actually a lie in. But I have put together my top five realisations, that I think are the biggies;
- thought I had been tired before, had I balls! I was positively energetic all the time
- Some people will never get the whole ‘you had a baby thing’ – don’t waste your time, if they can’t accept your life has changed then move on without them
- Your parents weren’t lying, kids cost a flipping fortune! Anyone that says it doesn’t have to, are lying, even if you budget it still costs a lot. Of course it is all worth it though.
- You toddler will do something you’d rather they didn’t and there won’t be anything you can do to stop it, seriously it’s just how their brain works/develops sometimes and no reflection on you (don’t believe me? Google it).
- If you can’t multitask, then you are pretty much screwed.
Like I said, so many more! What are yours?