Oh my goodness I am tired. I think I might be coming down with something, so that’s not helping.
Today I have the tiredness fog, where your head feels like cottonwool and there is an imaginary mist between you and everything. Although my grandma did remind me today, that she managed with four kids, so I should probably just suck it up.
It is one of those days where I don’t think there is much I can do to shift it, other than have an extremely early night. I do have a few usual tiredness coping strategies I use…
- I try not to add up how many hours I slept the night before – it just upsets you and it will never feel enough
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day – I almost never do this but notice a difference when I do
- Go for a walk and breathe in that air, it keeps the toddler occupied and even if it doesn’t help with the tiredness it will distract you from it
- Play music as I do my daily tasks
- Make sure I eat well in the day
- Bang the oven on – you don’t have to be Jamie Oliver every day
- Then there are the days when I just give in and follow the advice of almost everybody you meet post having a baby – nap when your child naps. Bliss.
- I ask for help – if you have people around you and you just need a few minutes (or hours) to yourself, ask them to help you out and watch your little one(s)
I must remind myself, that I am nowhere near as tired as I was this day…