- Glucose Tablets; absolute saviour, I was downing these one after the other just before I was due to push after being awake 48+hours
- iPad; having ‘Sex and the City’ & ‘Frozen’ on in the background, during the early stages, provided a certain amount of light distraction
- Slippers: these are for after the birth (during labour I barely knew I had feet let alone what was on them), however after you will want them for the long walks to the toilet and shower
- Bendy straws;so your partner can feed you much needed liquids whilst puffing on gas and air, wow your mouth gets dry.
- Burt’s Bees lip balm; again your mouth gets drier than a camels hoof
Now here’s my complete tried and tested list…
(the above list can be sent out as a Google Sheet on request)